Feature Request: Automating Setting Up Demo Accounts

I believe I discussed this idea some time ago with CM by e-mail. Now, after The Great Update, I thought it might be nice to post it up here and see if I can get a show of hands...

Here it goes:

On our website, we provide an "open" demo, meaning: people can request a log-in, they receive that by autoresponder and can go to work in an open demo account we set up. Everybody receives the same log-in and they all go to work in the same account. This way, the demo can be accessed directly without us having to set up an account for each requesting person. It's messy of course (we don't clean up much), but even so: we average about 100 demo-users a month and it get's us a couple of new clients every month.

But it would be so much nicer if we could give each demo-requester a personal demo. Of course we could do that by setting up each demo manually, but we want it to be hands free, in other words: automated. Very much like all of us learned to know Campaign Monitor and/or Mailbuild.

Right now, we are converting about 2 or 3 percent of the demo users to clients (that's an educated guess). With a personal demo, in which one would not get distracted (or scared away) by all the other demo users and their trial lists and campaigns, I really think this conversion rate would increase dramatically. In fact, I'm pretty darn sure it would ;-)

All in favour.... say aye!

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Chris, thanks for sharing your process. We're definitely interested in ways we can make it easier for you guys to sell to your clients, and there are certainly some opportunities for improvement here.

You'll be pleased to know we're not far off launching a stack of new API methods, one of which will include the ability to add clients, give them a username and password and set their access permissions, all from your own system. We'll be announcing the update in the blog as soon as it's pushed live.

Chr1s, 7 years ago

Yihaa! Subscribing to the blog RSS feed right NOW ;-)

Still not over OL2007

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098