Adding deleted subscribers

If I use Subscriber.Add with a subscriber I've previously deleted via the web interface it reports success but doesn't add them which to me seems wrong - if I try and add an unsubscribed person it tells me that in the error message.

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

If that subscriber is on your suppression list, they won't be added. If you need to force the subscriber to be added no matter what, use the Subscriber.AddAndResubscribe method.

gjones, 7 years ago

I know that they won't be added, but the result that comes back when trying to add someone in the suppression list has an error code (204: In SuppressionList), which makes sense.
When I try to add someone who has been deleted I get back 0/Success, which doesn't make sense.

djolley, 7 years ago

> If you need to force the subscriber to be added no matter
> what, use the Subscriber.AddAndResubscribe method.

Or, presumably, the Subscriber.AddAndResubscribeWithCustomFields method if one is using custom fields.

The problem is that that method does not appear to be supported by the Ruby library.  (I'm assuming that this disussion relates to the PHP library.)  I could be in a bit of trouble here.  It's very difficult not being able to add returning subscribers.

... doug

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098