Returning Subscribers - Ruby Library

It appears that there is a problem with the Ruby library of show-stopper proportions.

When I first started using the Ruby library a few weeks ago, it did not support custom fields at all.  In response to a post that I placed here, Jeremy very kindly (and promptly I might add) modified the library to provide custom-field support for the Subscriber.AddWithCustomFields method.  I was delighted.  I believed that this fix solved all of my problems because I could not see where I needed custom-field support in any other method.  Since then, through my own experience and posts in this forum, I have learned about the returning-subscriber issue.  To make a long story short, it seems that in order to force the addition of a returning subscriber one needs to use either the Subscriber.AddAndResubscribe method or the Subscriber.AddAndResubscribeWithCustomFields method.  It appears that the Ruby library does not support either of these methods; and, as a result, I am in deep trouble.  Jeremy, are you listening?  I hope that you are.  Any chance of getting a fix for this problem?  I'm afraid that it could well be a show stopper for me.  Thanks.

... doug

djolley, 8 years ago

Mea maxima culpa.  I went into the source code for the Ruby library with the thought of looking into what I would need to do to fix this problem and lo and behold, I find that Jeremy had already fixed it with the prior change.  It just wasn't listed as being available.  Jeremy, you rock!!!  I'm once again a happy camper! :)  Thanks.

... doug

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098