Feature Request: Use prepaid credits + clients paying via credit card

Currently you can use prepaid credits when a client is paying via credit card. While credits aren't always needed for clients with smaller lists, we really need them for our larger clients (20,000 plus subscribers) to be competitive with other services.

I agree it's hard to compare Campaign Monitor with other services, but it's a really hard sell to large clients. I have a client that has 50,000 subscribers and they send out 2 campaigns a month. If I upcharged them only 1 cent the cost would be $2000 per month for the two campaigns ((2 cents x 50,000 subscribers) x 2). Ideally I could purchase prepaid credits and lower their rate.

It would really be nice to purchase prepaid credits, have them applied to each client (small and large) that is sending emails themselves, and have each client pay for specific campaigns on their own.

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Good call John, we get quite a few requests for the ability to allocate a specific number of credits to a specific client. It's definitely something we plan on supporting in the future and I can see how useful it would be, especially for those larger clients. The last thing we want to do is make our software difficult for you to on-sell.

jlivingston, 7 years ago

Sounds great Dave. This would be a wonderful feature.

vince, 7 years ago

And allow clients to prepay from within their own account, according to our own Qty discount table please.
Thanks

karlito karlito, 7 years ago
vince :

And allow clients to prepay from within their own account, according to our own Qty discount table please.
Thanks

Loving this idea! If we're buying at the 500,000+ level... can't that be our base price for mark-up?

Karl

http://www.ingage.ie
mailninja mailninja, 7 years ago
vince :

Thanks

karlito :

Loving this idea! If we're buying at the 500,000+ level... can't that be our base price for mark-up?
Karl

Great comments! This would definitely make it easier to sell to clients with lists larger than 25,000.

SubZero, 7 years ago

What is the update on this?

Are there any deadlines set for the implementation of this feature?

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Hi SubZero,

We should've posted an update in this thread, but this feature went live a little while ago.

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
vince, 7 years ago

Doesn't quite fit the 'pay-as-you-go' principle in the sales pitch. :-)

Would have been OK if it allowed clients to prepay from within their own account

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

Your request was actually different than the original one Vince, as you'll see - "we get quite a few requests for the ability to allocate a specific number of credits to a specific client. It's definitely something we plan on supporting in the future"

We've noted your request too, but at this stage are not planning it.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
vince, 7 years ago

Matthew,
Agreed.
But dDid you also note carlito and mailninja that agreed with my suggestion in this thread, as well as same suggestion mentioned in similar threads in the past? I feel your reply made it seem like a new idea?

I am considering the workflow of manual intervention required to mange the new credit allocation. It would also only help those that charge clients outside the CM system, taking their money in advance and then applying the credits. As you know, and promote, many here chose to allow clients to use the pay-as-you-go feature. For all of those, you need the ability to either:

a) allow clients to purchase credits directly, and give us the ability to setup a pricing table for various Qty levels.

b) just implement the latter of (a). At the end of the day, clients would be paying before sending anyway, so pricing based on each campaign quantity.

holder10, 7 years ago

Karlito: "Loving this idea! If we're buying at the 500,000+ level... can't that be our base price for mark-up? "
Agreed, that would be great!
If you don´t want to do this, perhaps you could at least make the API work with allocating credits, so the clients could "buy" our credits, or you even build it into CM directly like Vincent/Karlito suggested.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098