Alt Tags

Is there anyway of editing these?

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

Do you mean for images uploaded via the editor? It's not possible at the moment, I'm afraid.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
vincentsneed, 7 years ago

I had exactly the same question. It would be great for clients importing a new image to be able to change the alt tag, in the same way they can change the link info. From Matthews reply I guess that this isn't possible at the moment, but it would be great if it was. Yes please.

helbells1986, 7 years ago

It would be great if this could be available in future as some clients find it very important to have this alt tags.

trif3cta, 7 years ago

Co-sign, a client of mine brought this up as well.

melanie_b, 7 years ago

Hi there

Just adding a +1 for ALT tags for uploaded images. A couple of our clients have requested this too. Any idea of if/when this might happen?

fivemile, 7 years ago

Jarrod Jarrod, 7 years ago

Hey folks, thanks for your comments. We have recorded your votes and may consider this feature for a future update.

retoocs, 6 years ago

What date can we expect to see the alt tag attribute editable?

Blake, 6 years ago

I'm afraid it's not something we're currently looking at, but we're recording all of your votes and will consider them when we look at possible features to add in future updates.

drobinson, 6 years ago

+1 on adding the ability to edit alt tags inside of templates. I'm surprised that it's missing. Emails with images without alt text seems like such a bad idea.

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 6 years ago

+1 also. If CM's emails are to follow the best practice guidelines then I agree this should be added as an enhancement. - Everything Email.
Email: Skype: fyredefyre
BraceRosso, 6 years ago

Blake, Ros seems more optimistic about adding this feature in another thread:

With the new availability of default images, is this something that can now be more easily added? (and perhaps sooner?)

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

@Brace - both Ros and Blake are saying thanks for the suggestions and we'll let you know if we do include it in a future update. Ros certainly isn't saying we're definitely working on it.

Perhaps just a slight misinterpretation, but as Ros and Blake both said, we do appreciate the feedback and we've recorded your vote.

We're also on Facebook:
Katrin, 6 years ago

Here's one more vote for having the possibility to edit alt tag attributes in the next update!
It would be REALLY useful. Thanks for your consideration.

ldowding, 6 years ago

I agree. Alt tag editing very useful. I create emails in multiple languages using templates. I have to create a template per email just so I can edit alt tags.

Ability to edit 'unsubscribe link' dynamically would be good as well. If you do it at the moment Campaign Monitor sticks another one in.

BraceRosso, 6 years ago

So it's been about a year since we've been talking about a universally accepted and recommended best practice for email design.  I have to knash my teeth each time I include it in a presentation about email marketing, since clients in the room or potentially new customers will immediately know that CM doesn't have it.  C'mon guys, this is a big one, and it just makes us all look bad.

Richard.Wendon Richard.Wendon, 6 years ago

a definite requirement...

NickoLabs NickoLabs, 6 years ago

Just stumbled across this one... Count me in as well, that'd be something worth to add, accessibility wise.

Nickolas Simard
Multimedia integrator: Strategy & Web development
Wills, 6 years ago

Plus one for this :)

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

Thanks, I have recorded your votes. Keep in mind that alt attributes are not reliably  supported in email clients, unlike in browsers generally

So unfortunately they aren't as useful in email as they would be in a web page.

We're also on Facebook:
robbiejnr, 6 years ago

+1 vote!

jerallyn jerallyn, 6 years ago

What is the default alt tag for an uploaded image?

Cédric Cédric, 6 years ago

webman, 6 years ago

I think, though I'm not 100% sure ,though i got lot of good suggestion over this ---

1. 1
  2. 2

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free