Double Opt-In through API

Hello,

I have setup my own system in order to register members on my email list. My page add the data on my database and through CM API the same data on the CM system. Currently, I use single opt-in for this. Can I use double opt-in without having to create a subscription form on CM? I will just want to create the confirmation email and the page after the uses confirms the email.

Is this possible?

Thank you,
Dimitris

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hi Dimitris,

The API will respect the type of list you have set up, so if you have create a double (confirmed) opt in list then adding a subscriber via the API will send a confirmation email. You can edit the list settings from your account or via the API itself.

phillipsdata, 7 years ago

It would be nice if there was an option on the subscriberAdd calls to override the list definition on the fly. If the field is not specified, than the default list setting would take precedence.

Here's why I think this is important:

We will be adding addresses to a list during the order process for our software which we want to be singe opt-in. However, we also have a subscribe page where anyone can sign up, even if they don't place an order. On this page we want to specify a double opt-in method.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hey Paul, thanks for the explanation. For this approach, I'd just recommend using a different list for each. Then you can customize them both for each purpose. If you need to send a campaign to both at once, we remove any duplicates for you automatically.

phillipsdata, 7 years ago

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestion Dave.. may try that, though I still think my recommendation would be the best solution.

Cheers

Paul

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098