Getting passed Junk Filters in Outlook 07

Hello,
I have a campaign that I am trying to send. http://gpsmedical.createsend.com/t/ViewEmail/y/54CF5436D719D6BA/C67FD2F38AC4859C/

When I send tests to my client, it gets delivered to Junk mail. Not always but enough times to be a concern. My client is a pharmaceutical compnay offering free shipping on select products.

I have eliminated many "trigger" words from the copy and subject lines such as "free" and "pharmaceutical" and it is still being delivered to junk mail. Ironically a sales rep from my clients company received a plain text email from a similar company this morning. I am tryign to figure out how to get this campaign passed Outlooks filters.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated
Thank you

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hi,

Outlook can be a tricky one sometimes. Your best bet it often just to cut out parts of the email and keep sending previews until it gets through to narrow down the part that's causing the filtering and then edit from there. You might also see if you can slim down the amount of code vs. text as well, sometimes that will trigger spam filters and from looking at your source it's fairly code heavy.

In addition you could add in some copy encouraging people to add your client's from address to their address book. In many email clients that will whitelist them and get them past that email client specific filtering.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
alissa72969, 7 years ago

Thank you Diana. Should I remove my embedded CSS and go with inline styles? Do you think that would help? Is that what you mean by simplify my code?

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

That could help. You definitely want to go with inline styles because that will give you that most dependable display across different email clients. Most likely your CSS is already being moved inline. You could just look at ways to slim it down. The code to text balance is something that some spam filters look at so it's just something to keep in mind, if you're having trouble narrowing down what could be causing filtering it's always something worth taking a look at. Other things are image file sizes, the overall file size of your HTML, the number of images, stuff like that. The specific words being used are pretty big triggers in most cases but other things can contribute.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
alissa72969, 7 years ago

Thanks again. I already removed a bunch of trigger words. I am thinking it has to do with code to text and image size. I will work on it form that angle.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098