A/B Testing

I apologise if this has been covered before but I can't find anything anywhere. Is there a simple way to conduct A/B testing, i.e. is there a feature where I can split my subscriber randomly in 2 to send 2 different subject lines etc?

At present I'm using segments but the closest I can get is one segment with 1000 more recipients than the other.

Looking forward to your replies

travisbell travisbell, 7 years ago

Hi there,

There isn't any such feature yet. We have heard lots about this before though and have been talking about ways to go about A/B testing. I've gone ahead and added your vote for this feature, the more we get the more likely we are to move forward with it!

Travis Bell
fotodog13, 7 years ago

I am wondering if the split testing module ever going to done. I see post going back over 2 years in time from people asking  for it, and campaign monitor promising it is coming soon but what does that mean. It would seem to me that it could be something that could be done fairly easily at first and then improve it, this way we aren't waiting forever for a feature many other programs already have.

style campaign style campaign, 7 years ago

Back in June CM wrote that a/b testing would be available in a month or so:

But this was before the hackers episode, which I imagine caused a set back. Fingers crossed, we will have this feature to play with shortly :) it's top of my wish list also...

- Anna

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

That's spot on Anna, we were a day or so away from this release before the attacks. Now that we've got that behind us and worked through a range of other updates, A/B testing will be on your doorstep very, very soon.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free