Editing a previously sent campaign

Say I've sent a Newsletter and there was a typo - can I edit this so if someone opens the email again they see the corrected version?

I don't want to re-send the campaign again, just have the change take effect when people re-open it, or open it for the first time.

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Hi Roscoe,

just like any email you send from a regular email client, once an email is sent, it's sent.

Unfortunately, typos happen sometimes, but there's no way of changing or recalling a sent email. If it's something critical, you could consider a follow up mail to clear it up.

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
Roscoe, 7 years ago

Thought this would be the case! Thanks for confirming.

Jim Jim, 7 years ago

Just following up on this - is it possible to edit the web version so that archived newsletters can be corrected?

I relaise there may be issues with this...but I'm just asking!

Thanks,
Jim

EVHS-Grant, 7 years ago

I sent out a campaign about 12 hours ago, and just realized that 2 of the links in the e-mail were incorrect. 

While I can understand not being able to change text, it seems like links could be different, as the links go to a Campaign Monitor site (i.e. http://myorganizationname.cmail3.com/t/y/l/hyhhiu/trulzuuu/k) before they are directed to their eventual destination.  Is it possible to change the redirect at the cmail3.com site to refer to the correct location after the campaign has been sent?

trif3cta, 7 years ago
Jim :

Just following up on this - is it possible to edit the web version so that archived newsletters can be corrected?

I have the same question. A couple clients show the email archive on their website, and some of the data is inaccurate once somebody clicks on an old campaign. Obviously the emails themselves are not retractable.

Any insight appreciated, thanks.

Blake, 7 years ago
Jim :

Unfortunately this is a much more complex change than you'd imagine so I'm afraid it's not really possible to update once you've sent the campaign.

EVHS-Grant :

Is it possible to change the redirect at the cmail3.com site to refer to the correct location after the campaign has been sent?

Sometimes it can be possible to make changes to your links, you'd just need to send an e-mail to support@campaignmonitor.com with the relevant details and we'll try to help you out.

As always though, it's a good idea to thoroughly test your campaigns before you press the "send" button. ;-)

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098