Downloaded template: 3 folders, what exactly are they ?

I apologize in advance if this seems too basic as question.

I download a template to play around and understand how should I create my own files, I'm very familiar with html and I work regularly with dreamweaver.

My question: I got 3 folders in my download, they seem to have about the same thing but a little different. Which one should I be touching to customize the template ? What are the other two about ?

Thanks a lot.

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

There is actually a README.txt file in your download that gives you an idea about this:

This folder contains the files and tags necessary to use the Campaign Monitor WYSIWYG editor.

This folder contains the files necessary to use the non template (WYSIWYG) editor aspect of
Campaign Monitor. Things like the unsubscribe and forward to a friend tags are already inserted.

This folder contains a full example of what the design should look like with content. Things
like the unsubscribe links are also inserted.

Does that all make sense?

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
harmonicbarbie, 7 years ago

Hi Mathew,

I had a similar question to Bibiana. I also have HTML and Dreamweaver/Photoshop experience, but it is not obvious what to do with the campaign-monitor files.

For example, if I use AWeber for my email lists, is that where the campaign tags would come in handy? I don't understand how they would integrate, as AWeber already has link and click tracking, to a certain extent.

Would love a full and detailed explanation on how to use and implement the files, as I love your templates.

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

Hi Barb,

The tags we are referring to there are for use with Campaign Monitor, which is an email sending application similar to Aweber, but really aimed at web designers.

They are tags to allow people to unsubscribe from your Campaign Monitor subscriber lists, for example, or to make the emails editable in Campaign Monitor's WYSIWYG editor.

Is that a bit clearer?

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
harmonicbarbie, 7 years ago

Ah, now I understand.

Thanks for the clarification, Mathew!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free