How about some Client Level Custom Fields?

What I'm talking about is having custom fields set at client level, as opposed to email address level.

These custom fields would be used for

"Customised Footer info
"Customised unsubscribe text

They'd be only entered once... when setting up the client.

This would allow us to upload great (but generic) templates to different clients and CM would insert the variable information on each template as it is sent.

(This would also be great for image refs too... logos etc. though I appreciate that's a different job).

If this already exists then please point me (excitedly)!

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. At this stage we aren't looking to add things at that level, but we certainly see where it could come in handy.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
SamZenner, 6 years ago

Any progress on this?

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

Nothing concrete at this time, certainly there are some possible changes we're considering in this area for the future though.

We're also on Facebook:
JShayne, 6 years ago

The value of this cannot be understated.

Combined with the already existent ability to add certain templates to a new account via the API, a client-level call that could be added to any email template design would make for amazing instant customization.

In this way, I could effectively create beautiful, attractive templates and have them added to a client's account instantly with their name/company name in the header and address/phone/email in the footer.

To me, this is the one step missing to a completely automated signup process. Without it, there is still a manual, human-powered action sequence necessary for each new client.

I would love to hear that this is in the works.

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

It's not in the works right now, but we do appreciate the additional suggestion. We are looking at some template changes for the future though, nothing to report just yet.

We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free