Problems in Outlook 2007

Hi there,
I just joined campaign monitor today, It's amazing! But...Outlook isn't so flash, I sent a test to my friend who has Outlook 2007, and this email template I made below didn't view well at all. Does anyone know a way around to getting the same look as this but code that works in Outlook '07?

Here is the link to it:

jmp909, 7 years ago

* O2007 doesn't show background images.. you should construct your table with background colours and use images to enhance the basic functional design. since it's only your top-right image it doesn't look too bad without it.

* don't rely on inline style="..." , you email needs to look correct without this, use font tags for formatting text. I would use tables/spacers to do padding because again inline styles will not work on all email clients

* use td align = left, center  etc 

some of those rules in practice...

<!-- note if you omit align left, hotmail will center the text below -->
<td align="left" valign="top"><font face="Arial" size="2" color="#FFFFFF">This is some text and 
<!-- you need to style your links -->
<a href="" target="_blank" style="text-decoration:underline; color:#FFFFFF"><font face="Arial size="2" color="#FFFFFF"><u>this is a link</u></font></a> for example</font></td>
BThies BThies, 7 years ago

Without reviewing the entire thing, I glanced quickly at the code and noticed one issue:

- When using padding, <TD>'s that are next to each other in the same row must have the SAME padding.  Otherwise, breaks may appear.

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free