localized (language support) date names

I am using the tags to include the current date into my templates at the moment but this seems to be in english only. If I am wrong please tell me otherwise it would be great to have the possibility to specify the localization of the date.

Since I think you guys use .NET as the back-end system this should be rather simple.

DateTime.Now.ToString("d", new CultureInfo("nl-NL"))

Hope it will be implemented in the near future or to hear how it is already implemented and usable.

Jan-Willem, 7 years ago
Jan-Willem :

Since I think you guys use .NET as the back-end system this should be rather simple.

Sorry my use of "simple" might be a little exaggerated. I am a programmer my self in C# and know that in some cases it might be a little more complicated that I stated. :)

Jan-Willem, 7 years ago

Is there anybody that will respond to my request or is it a no go at all?

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Hi Jan-Willem,
Thanks for your feedback, and sorry this one slipped by us.

I added you vote for localized dates.

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
PaulK, 7 years ago

I second Jan-Willem's request. We're using this system to send Dutch newsletters as well, and the English date format doesn't look professional if you're using a different language.

Thanks,
Paul

nippr, 7 years ago

Vote me in for this too. And it would be great to see an option for localized versions of the text generated by the quick tags in the plain text version. I am willing to help with the danish and swedish translation.

anderscarlen, 7 years ago

Where can I add my vote for this too?

Of all the translation efforts this is the one I find most urgent...

/anders

anderscarlen, 7 years ago

And to offer a suggestion for a temporary workaround solution:
How about a simple way to add just numbers in the date tags: for instance: 2009-06-13 or similar.
While it is far from solving all the problems it might help some users.
But to have the english "th" show up in the dates really stops us from using that option now. Or I am wrong - and there is already a way to translate date tags?
/anders

specialmachine, 7 years ago

I am coding a German newsletter and the date issue is a problem for me too. Please help "September" will stand out as a sore, unprofessional thumb.

aficiomaquinas, 6 years ago

I don't want to sound pessimistic but this sucks big time. I have to change my template every time I have to send an email...
Believe me there are quite a bunch of developers out there who won't vote because they don't know you guys use that kind of system to implement changes to the platform. It's kindda logical isn't it? Well, you know the numbers better than I do...
PLEASE ADD SPANISH LANGUAGE SUPPORT!

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Hi guys,

To follow up on Anders suggestion of offering numeric only values, this is possible; Otherwise, I have added your votes for development of localized dates.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
NickoLabs NickoLabs, 6 years ago
Jan-Willem :

Sorry my use of "simple" might be a little exaggerated. I am a programmer my self in C# and know that in some cases it might be a little more complicated that I stated. :)

Haha, I like that one, I just had to quote it even if it's old... We, coders, are so pretty much always thinking like that...

Back to the topics, I'm simply using a <$title default='22 SEPTEMBRE 2010'$> tag and hand-writing the date myself before sending the newsletter...
Of course, mistakes and errors can happens (and did). It's not a perfect solution, but it's working for now...

Also, count me in for this features! Always ready for more French support! ^_^

Nickolas Simard
Multimedia integrator: Strategy & Web development
WebsiteTwitterFacebookLinkedIn
taitus, 5 years ago

Monsieur Nicolas,
Votre idee c'est OK for some cases but not if you use "Autoresponder" as you can't hand-write each auto-respond mail. If you had to Auto-respond would have no meaning at all.
I definitely vote for language formatted text dates!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098