this will probably have been answered before but problem with cname

I am completely confused (or just thick..!!) I have set up the cname resolution, if you type mail.channel-net.co.uk into a browser you get sent to the c/send error page, if you try to verify the domain it just wont, its now 3 days since the cname was set up, what have a i done wrong please..? just a clue would do guys..!!
Thanks
Paul

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hey Paul,

I just checked your DNS for the domain mail.channel-net.co.uk and the only CNAME records I could find was csend.channel-net.co.uk. This actually needs to be cname.csend.com for the custom domain to work.

nellee, 8 years ago

Dave
there is an A record of csend.channel-net.co.uk pointing at cname.csend.com  with an alias CNAME record of mail.channelnet.co.uk  pointing at the A record, its the only way i could set it up, if that makes sense.
thanks
paul

nellee, 8 years ago

ive tried it with another domain, my main domain is www.jetsonic.co.uk , alias is mail.jetsonic.co.uk , still nothing with verifiction, but type the domain mail.jetsonic.co.uk directly into a browser and you go to c/send error page...?

See why 200,000 companies worldwide love Campaign Monitor.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that boost the bottom line.

Get started for free