this will probably have been answered before but problem with cname

I am completely confused (or just thick..!!) I have set up the cname resolution, if you type mail.channel-net.co.uk into a browser you get sent to the c/send error page, if you try to verify the domain it just wont, its now 3 days since the cname was set up, what have a i done wrong please..? just a clue would do guys..!!
Thanks
Paul

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hey Paul,

I just checked your DNS for the domain mail.channel-net.co.uk and the only CNAME records I could find was csend.channel-net.co.uk. This actually needs to be cname.csend.com for the custom domain to work.

nellee, 7 years ago

Dave
there is an A record of csend.channel-net.co.uk pointing at cname.csend.com  with an alias CNAME record of mail.channelnet.co.uk  pointing at the A record, its the only way i could set it up, if that makes sense.
thanks
paul

nellee, 7 years ago

ive tried it with another domain, my main domain is www.jetsonic.co.uk , alias is mail.jetsonic.co.uk , still nothing with verifiction, but type the domain mail.jetsonic.co.uk directly into a browser and you go to c/send error page...?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098