Templates downloaded for study

HI all, I hope this isn't too basic of a question but I'm just a newbie here...
I downloaded some templates and I am checking out the code and trying to make my first campaign. When I open the extracted files, there are three folders "campaign-monitor-editor", "campaign-monitor-tags", and "example". So I can't tell which one I should use, does it matter? And how are they different?
Also, to create my own repeating areas of text in there, I understand that  I have to put in these repeating tags. Should I just put them where the current Greek text is? (Deleting the text first)?
thanks,

travisbell travisbell, 7 years ago

Hi Karen,

No worries! Most of this is explained in the README.txt but it's pretty straight forward regardless.

The "campaign-monitor-editor" folder has the template that is designed to be used with the WYSIWYG editor. In Campaign Monitor we call these templates. It's this version you'd actually upload into the "Templates" area of Campaign Monitor.

The "campaign-monitor-tags" folder is a version that is NOT meant to be used with the WYSIWYG editor. This would be a version you made and designed locally on your computer and uploaded manually for every time you send a campaign.

For repeaters, you can check out the index.html file in the "campaign-monitor-editor" folder and you'll see a good example of what they should look like.

Hope that helps. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

--
Travis Bell
Karen Rainsong, 7 years ago

thanks sooo much! :)

Karen Rainsong

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098