Web and Preview versions not loading

Anybody else having trouble loading web versions or preview versions of their emails? cmail servers down again?

mjohnsonenvoy, 9 years ago

Yes, I'm experiencing the same thing. Plus, test emails are coming through blank.

agent314 agent314, 9 years ago

Yep... can't upload my newsletter... not helpful as I'm on a schedule... hope it's fixed soon... has this been a problem before... I've been using CM a long time and never experienced an issue...

Jeff

Jeffrey D Brown

Hope they're not sleeping~

Jeffrey D Brown
jcollier, 9 years ago

same here.  MailBuild's upload is broken too...

Do they work 24/7? I would hope so.

Jeffrey D Brown
rdtcorp, 9 years ago

Still down, looks like we have to wait until they have their morning vegemite! Figures I'm launching a new service today and email was supposed to go out 45 minutes ago. Looks like that's not happening today, there's sure to be a backlog of jobs.

I would expect more from these guys... I think they do a great job... so they should aspire to a higher standard and especially in a time-sensitive business as this can be with schedules and all... we have the same problem, supposed to be out an hour ago... another hour and we lose our window... and that's not good... so the point is... they ought be out of bed... and ought to post something just so people know... but on the other hand, why acknowledge that anything's wrong...

Waiting.

Jeffrey D Brown

Not everybody is on Sydney time... it's noon in California and we're losing the window... hurry up guys... please.

Jeffrey D Brown
Rob Giermek, 9 years ago

Looks like something is in fact down. I'm not able to get an update out, nor preview previous campaigns so I'm sure this is all related. It's about 5:00a in Aus so they should be getting on it pretty soon.

Rob

Yeah, but they're a global operator and should be working 24/7 if they're not... I'm sympathetic but when you have a loyal professional user base, the better thing to do is not to leave them hanging... I would be very concerned if they didn't get out of bed for this... ?

Jeff

Jeffrey D Brown
rdtcorp, 9 years ago

I would hope they have something like SiteScope monitoring their hardware.

One would think... I expect these guys to come on and at the very least say what happened and be honest about it... I would be surprised if they didn't... but I've been surprised plenty. It's been 4 hours now that we've been try to send our newsletter... 4 hours is an eternity in this world and there's really no excuse, short of some act of God that has swept them away or something... to have not done something. Oh well...

Jeffrey D Brown
WebConsultingDC, 9 years ago

Sigh.  First client, just about to send the first newsletter, etc... and ...murphey's law hits us in the face.
I guess we should expect this when there's no 1800 number to call. 

4 hours is a long downtime, sounds like a serious problem and at the very least they should post a notice about it.   Right now, who knows, they could be sleeping, without some feedback, we don't even know if they know there's a problem.

Not good.

slapshotw, 9 years ago

FYI, Mailbuild has also been affected by this (or a related problem). You get an error when you try to deliver the campaign.

niche, 9 years ago

I'm guessing it will take another 2 hours as that is the start of the day for freshview, the people that mostlikly would fix this.

Anybody checked the weather in Sydney?

Jeffrey D Brown

67 degrees F and raining... shouldn't be a problem

Jeffrey D Brown
Rob Giermek, 9 years ago

Hmm....

Monday - Friday
9am - 6pm (Australian EST)
Right now it's 6.59am on Friday

That means we've got a couple more hours till their "normal" business hours...

Mathew Mathew, 9 years ago

Hi guys,

Thankyou for notifying us of this problem. Over the last few days we have been setting up a new load balancing system for both Campaign Monitor and MailBuild, to ensure that we are able to maintain reliable and fast access to our products.

Unfortunately, a change related to that upgrade last night unexpectedly caused a problem that meant some of you guys were unable to access their campaigns or to import or create new campaigns over a period of several hours.

These errors did not affect the collection of your reports on Campaign Monitor or on MailBuild.

The boys have now corrected the problem, you will have full access to your accounts without errors, and we are continuing to investigate for the original source. Please accept our sincere apologies for this unacceptable outage, we understand that has caused trouble for you. We truly appreciate your business, and we will be working very hard to make sure we don't cause you any further problems.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
Ben Ben, 9 years ago

I also want to point out that we do have hardware & software monitoring in place, but this checks at a higher level to see if the entire application is breaking, and since this was a single piece of functionality, the monitoring didn't pick up on the issue.

We're looking at how we can modify our monitoring to cover these type of events.

And just to reiterate Mat's post, we're extremely sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Rob Giermek, 9 years ago

Good Morning Mathew & Ben, Thanks for resolving. You have a great product here and as with anything it's subject to some down time which will always happen at the most inconvenient times. Thanks for getting on this.

Regards,
Rob

Eric Gordon, 9 years ago

Thanks, Matt and Ben. As always, I appreciate the prompt and upfront response. Good morning.

(Possibly related—though admittedly minor—the 'defineDeliveryTest.gif' graphic on the Campaign Snapshot page doesn't seem to be loading.)

Cheers,
Eric

Dave Dave, 9 years ago

Thanks again for your understanding guys, much appreciated. Eric, thanks also for the heads up about that broken image, all fixed now.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098