Custom Tags? Giving an email a 'Dear ___' based on list

I have poked around very briefly but am kinda in a time crunch so I am sure someone may blast me for not looking harder... but
I have been asked to give my emails for the company a more personal feel by including the name of the recipient in the body of the email. I am sure there is a custom tag like <recipient>their name or email </recipient>

I have found where you can show source based on the list they sign up on, but we have our own signup pages that populate our DB and I transfer over new signups from that list to one of our campaign lists. And a lot of these we have emailed over the past couple of years. So they are not using a Campaign Monitor Signin form to populate my list.

If I have a email and a name, how do I use that from the list I create per campaign to pull into the body of the email?

thnks for your help. I am a very new user of this software, but I think its great!

get2runin, 8 years ago

After all that, I went back and guess what... I found this.

http://help.campaignmonitor.com/topic.aspx?t=33

So I think these will help me... patience is what I need. ha ha

See why 200,000 companies worldwide love Campaign Monitor.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that boost the bottom line.

Get started for free