I'm new to Campaign Monitor and have been playing around with the API for a few hours. I'm currently working on a project which could greatly benefit from CM's features although I'm not entirely sure if my intended use is what CM is designed for -
The project requires 3 types of emails to be sent and tracked:
- Welcome Email to new users (at time of online registration)
- ASP/.Net API would be used to add each user to a subscriber list
- Sent to new user only (not the entire subscriber list)
- General News/Updates Email
- Sent to all members in the subscribers list
- Account Info/Update Email
- Sent when user changes account information (ie. username) or when user requests account info (ie. forgotten password)
- Sent to indiviual only (not the entire subscriber list)
I can definitely see CM being used for the sending and tracking of General News/Updates Emails. However, I'm not sure how to setup/send/track the Welcome Email or Account Info/Update Email inside CM? Is this possible within CM?
Thanks for your time!
Campaign Monitor has a welcome email feature built in - you can automatically send a specific email to each new subscriber. You set that up under 'customize subscribe process' for each list.
However, it's not the best tool for transactional / account info emails, since it is setup more for actual campaigns with reports on the whole list, rather than individual emails.
Thank you for the quick response - exactly what I was looking for.
Do you not already have the feature to enable us to send service updates and account management emails on your dev plan?
It's not something we are currently planning - it doesn't fit in our model of campaign pricing, and so it would not make sense right now.
Sure, I understand why it wouldn't fit the pricing model at all - it's more of a client administration feature.
From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that boost the bottom line.Get started for free