Subscriber.AddAndResubscribeWithCustomFields doesn't work

I'm trying to extend Jeremy Weiskotten's campaign monitor plugin for Rails (ruby) in order to use Subscriber.AddWithCustomFields and Subscriber.AddAndResubscribeWithCustomFields functions but without success.

When I send a request with one of this two functions, I get the following error message :
File does not exist: System.InvalidOperationException: Subscriber.AddWithCustomFields Web Service method name is not valid.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerProtocol.Initialize()
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)

It seems that the API doesn't know about these functions. I'm pretty sure the problem is not coming from my code but from the CM API.

Does someone experienced the same problem ?

Phil Phil, 7 years ago

Hi Franck,

The latest version of the Ruby wrapper does include the ability to use Subscriber.AddWithCustomFields, so if you grab a copy here you should be good to go.

The methods you're looking for are add_subscriber and add_andresubscribe in list.rb

Hope that helps,

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free