Editing a campaign subject etc via the API

Hello,

Am i blind, or is there no way to edit an unsent campaign via the api?

Thanks,

Matt

Phil Phil, 7 years ago

Hi envex,

You are correct, at this stage there is no way to edit an unsent campaign via the API. Do you mind giving us a little more information? Is there anything in particular that you're looking for:
a) change recipient lists/segments
b) re-upload the content
Also, is there are a reason that you'd prefer to edit an unsent campaign rather than just create a new draft?

Alex D, 7 years ago

Here is my vote for being able to edit a unsent campaign.. Creating a new draft just because I made a typo in the subject or missed a check box for a segment is a little excessive.

Also some way to preview the email once its gone to your servers and you have rewritten the CSS inline etc ... Quite offten clients want to tweak the content of the email... I should be able to do this as well via the API

Seems leaving a bunch of drafts behind each update is a bit messy.. Not to mention I would have to change the name each time as the API does not let you create a campaign with the same name as an existing draft...

Is there a way to delete an unsent draft??? As far as I know there isnt...

Alex Duffield - Owner
InControl Solutions
http://www.incontrolsolutions.com
Alex D, 7 years ago
Phil :

Hi envex,

You are correct, at this stage there is no way to edit an unsent campaign via the API. Do you mind giving us a little more information? Is there anything in particular that you're looking for:
a) change recipient lists/segments
b) re-upload the content
Also, is there are a reason that you'd prefer to edit an unsent campaign rather than just create a new draft?

Main reason I can think of is the fact that there is no way to delete a unsent campaign. If the client makes a typo when typing in the subject or wants to edit the content before sending, the only option is to create a new draft. Then you end up with a bunch of orphaned drafts sitting in CM and no way to do anything with them via the API.

Delete and Edit are definitely needed.

Alex Duffield - Owner
InControl Solutions
http://www.incontrolsolutions.com
MattParker, 5 years ago

Yes, please this would be helpful.  Equivalent of content 'update' on the dashboard would be good, as well as editing subjects etc.

Matt

Phil Phil, 5 years ago

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your request; i've added your vote to the count for this task. In the meantime the work around is a bit annoying, but it's definitely possible:
1. Create a new draft with the modified details
2. Delete the old draft

This will mean that you need to retain some knowledge (for example what lists/segments were used to create the original campaign), but it will get around the problem for now.

Phil

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098