Subscribers.GetActive times out for long list

I want to give my clients the ability to view all active subscribers using Subscribers.GetActive.  It works fine for short lists but it times out on a fairly large list.  Besides this I'm paginating the results and it's a bit of a waste getting all the records each time.

It would be nice to be able to specify the number of records to return (and an offset).  Could you easily add this to the API?

Jason Jason, 8 years ago

Hi emnm,

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll definitely look into this option, as it does make a lot of sense, especially if you're experiencing time outs because of the size of your list.

Is there anyone else out there that would love to see the option of being able to return a "page" of results, say by specifying a page number and a page size?

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

Hi Jason,
I'm thinking the logical input would be start (offset) and size?

It would be a good addition, though - you'd be in control, regardless of list size.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
mdissel, 8 years ago

+1 for this request! This is also useful when you want to sync a large list with a local copy of the list

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free