Email address verification

Using C/Send, I have no way to specifiy a custom page for processing invalid email addresses submitted to you via our web site (you do allow me to specify a custom "subscription confirmation" page -- how about one for invalid addresses?) We can use JavaScript to check the email addresses before we try to send them to you, but could you supply me with the regular experssion you use to parse email addresses? I ask this because I want to trap anything you might reject, so I can simply display our own custom "invalid address" page instead of having you display your generic error page.

If I should have posted this in another forum please let me know.

Craig Torell
www.fountaingate.com

travisbell travisbell, 7 years ago

Hi Craig,

We don't really have that regex available to share but all we're doing is checking for things like the following:

* Contains an @ sign
* Has a .xxx (make sure no one is entering something like me@me)
* Has 2 parts (xxx@xxx.com)

The best thing to do IMO is just do a quick Google search for some battle tested JS snippets to handle some solid email validation. You'll catch all of the possible errors we look for for sure.

--
Travis Bell
lizzie01, 7 years ago

I will try to do these basic checking procedures you have posted here. Most of the times, the two parts are mostly disregard (xxx@xxx.com), I'll try to be more vigilant about it. I also have some fine results for battle tested JS snippets.

KyNam Doan, 6 years ago

Hey guys,

Is it possible to use your email validation and page, but be able to stylize it ourselves?

Cheers,
Ky

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Hi Ky,

Do you mean you want to stylize the Subscribe Confirmation Page? Our generic subscribe success page isn't customizable. You can, however, use your own page altogether. Just go to Customize subscribe process page from your subscriber list and you can add a URL to your own page. Let me know if you were looking for something else.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
KyNam Doan, 6 years ago

Hello again,

I'm not talking about the subscribe confirmation page, I'm talking about email validation.  I'd like for it to be in-line validation to avoid having another page that's branded differently from the rest of the site.

I've added validation, but your validation still kicks in.  How do I override it?  I tried overriding it by changing the name field for email.  This method works, but then your captcha kicks in.

I'm not much of a developer at all, so any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

Cheers,
Ky

KyNam Doan, 6 years ago

I got it working fine by using getElementById.  Thanks!

Cheers,
Ky

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098