Back to top?

Hi
I hope someone can help me, I'm pretty new to HTML and CSS (I've had to teach myself from scratch in the last couple of days) so forgive me if I'm just being dumb!
I've made and email template so that my client (an Illustration agency) can just drop in images to create emails to their clients showing off the latest work from their illustrators.
Most things seem to work and while I do intend to update the template as I get better with code and have time, I am fairly happy with it. However I've included a back to top link, which I did have after each repeater element but that never seemed to work so I stuck it at the bottom which worked when I first tested it but now seems to have decided to stop working. I created the template on Dreamweaver and have tried to make it as compatible as I can.
An email created with the template can be seen here:

View webversion

and the actual code I've used for the back to top link is:

<p style="text-align:right"><a href="#top">back to top</a></p>

but it seems to have changed to:

<p style="text-align:right;" ><a href="#top" style="text-decoration:none;color:#093;" >back to top</a></p>

once it has been edited.

Please can someone help?!?!

JakeLabz, 7 years ago

So, I'm guessing from the lack of response that either;
a) this is such a stupid question no-one can be bothered to answer
b) no-one can give me a reasonable explanation for my problem.

Please someone must know something about this?

unnu, 7 years ago

I couldn't see it in your source - but make sure you have an anchor at the top otherwise the link at the bottom doesn't know where to jump to!

Try putting the following just after the body tag:

<a name="top" id="top"></a>

Hopefully that will sort it, unless you already have it there and I missed it!

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

unnu is right, that's the way to go. The difference between what you import and what ends up in your email is only the inline styles which are applying your link style to all links.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098