Reporting by subscriber

Am I missing something, or is a very fundamental feature missing from the reporting and API?

Here's the use case: Client sends a large number of campaigns to a list, and they want to know their most loyal readers.

All the reports are by campaign, but I want to know who reads it across all campaigns.

I can click on an individual subscriber and get their totals, but I want a report which I can sort by total reads and/or clicks.

The only option I currently see is to use the API to create a replica of the CM database by campaign, then do my own SQL query to sum the results. But this is so easy to do once I have the data, and such a pain to create the replica and keep it updated, thst I'm wondering why such a basic need seems to have been left out of the CM reporting tool.

Again, am I missing something?

thanks.

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hi,

While we don't have an explicit report dedicated to this kind of reporting, our segmentation tool might be of interest to you. That lets you easily create a sub-set of your complete list based in criteria you set. One of the criteria is based on opens or clicks, so you can easily get a few of those subscribers that opened every campaign you sent so far, and then export them or send them a targeted campaign.

Hope that helps.

See why 200,000 companies worldwide love Campaign Monitor.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that boost the bottom line.

Get started for free