Campaign deletion through the API

First, working with the API has so far has been rather hassle-free. Well done!

The only major snag I'm running up against is campaign management with the API itself. There is no way to update or delete a campaign. For now I'm going to have to go in weekly and remove the extra campaigns manually. If there were a way to update the campaign URL (will be necessary occasionally) with an update method or to simply delete the campaign and re-create it I'd be able to automate the whole process.

Are there any workarounds for this? Why aren't these methods included in the API?

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

So far, campaign deletion just hasn't been high priority compared to the other things we have to implement, improve and update, but thanks for the feedback.

Can you explain a little why you have these extra campaigns?

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
Alex D, 7 years ago

Um how about the client made a typo? As it is now there is no way to change that (via API) ... so they create a new one... And the old one is "orphaned" until some one goes in to CM directly and cleans up.

Alex Duffield - Owner
InControl Solutions
lovely09, 7 years ago

It will be better to have a  change feature for special considerations.This feature will save time especially if we need to finish task immediately.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free