Question: Define New Template Tags

the Template tags are very nice, but I am looking to add "BYLINE' to each article as the client newsletter features news items from a magazine. Can I add in custom template tags so that, when editing description, I can have an additional "byline" field, as in, in addition to TITLE and DESCRIPTION?

Thanks!

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

Hi,

That isn't possible right now, you are limited to just the title and description tag and only one instance of each in a repeater. We're always tracking feedback though and I'll be sure to mark you as a request for adding in a new template tag.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
absentee, 8 years ago

An attendant question. Do users have access to the files serving the templates or is it native to c/send? Just thinking if I could install a version on my own server I could add template tags to my heart's delight ... :)

travisbell travisbell, 8 years ago

Hi absentee,

Unfortunately it is native. I don't think there'd be a way you could add your own ;)

--
Travis Bell
Chr1s, 8 years ago

Hi, I'd like to put my vote in for extra tags. In my (clients) case, a smaller title above the main title would be handy to clarify what kind of category a newsletter item falls in (bit like "Interviews & Buzz", "News & Updates" in the CM-blog). But instead of creating a tag "byline" for absentee, a tag "smallertitle" for me and a tag "whateverthenextcmuserthinksof" for the next CM-user that joins this request, why not create a couple of generic tags everybody can fool around with? And while we're at it... multiple images per item maybe?

Still not over OL2007
Textello, 8 years ago

I second this request. In fact, it's a show-stopper for two of my clients right now. They use title, subtitle, summary and description. Ideally, one could just define any custom area one wants.

PLEASE: custom content insert tags!

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098