Concatenation of two custom fields as the "Name" field?

Hi All,

I am new to Campaign Monitor -
I have created a few custom fields, of which two are "First Name" and "Last Name".  I did this because, if I am correct, the standard "Name" field takes for granted that the first word is the first name and the second the last name, which might not always be the case.

So what I want to do is have two separate fields, then concatenate them and insert firstname+lastname into the standard "Name" field when I submit the form.
Otherwise I don't see any value in the "Name" column of the subscriber list (I need to click on an email address to see the full details and the content of my custom fields).

Thanks in advance for your help,

travisbell travisbell, 7 years ago

Hi Donald,

What you would want to do is still submit the "name" field, but make it hidden. You would then need to use something like JavaScript to join the "first name" and "last name" fields into the one "name" 1 field. I don't have any examples of this but it shouldn't be terribly hard.

Hope that helps!

Travis Bell

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free