Did I see a "one-click-resubscribe-link" or was it just my imagination

A couple of days ago I think I noticed something like this on a unsubscribe-confirmation page:

"Did you click the unsubscribe link accidently? (link)Click here(link) to instantly resubscribe."

And it wasn't a link to a subscribe form: just clicking it was enough.

I remember thinking "Wow, nice!" and after that, all is blurry. Probably the phone rang or something and I got distracted. It must have been in a preview, or maybe in a example newsletter in the blog or something, but I'm completely blank.

Can anyone help me? Does such a link exist? And can I add it to my (clients) unsub confirm page?

travisbell travisbell, 7 years ago

Hey Chr1s,

The page with the link you're thinking of is shown when you don't have a unsubscribe redirection page setup. Unfortunately there is no way to include such a link on your own confirmation page.

What you could do, which is about 90% there is include the email address as a parameter on your unsubscribe redirect and then use that to have a link pointing to a subscription page that can read the parameter and pre-fill the form in. The unsubscribe confirmation page could be something like:

http://yourdomain.com/bye?email=[email]

Oh, and by the way, only the email field is "attachable" to the redirection, just in case you try with some custom fields ;-)

--
Travis Bell
Chr1s, 7 years ago

Hi Travis, naturally, my next question would be: when's the update that adds this feature (optionally) to self-made unsub-confirm-pages? ;-) But seriously, tnx, we'll play around with it.

Still not over OL2007

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098