Firefox and OWA

I have designed an html newsletter which works well in many browsers and on pc and mac platforms, but when i try viewing in firefox via Outlook Web Access, font size, color and family designations disappear. it doesnt matter if i code the TD or the P or H1 tags..

even a simple test like this gives me zilch.

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">
    <td style="font-size:11px; line-height:16px; font-family: verdana; color: #333333;"><span style="font-size:11px; line-height:16px; font-family: verdana; color: #333333;">This is a test for firefox</span></td>
    <td style="font-size:22px; line-height:16px; font-family: georgia; color: #ff9933;">This is a test for firefox</td>

both cells look identical-- black serif 12ptish text.

what am i missing?

thank you in advance (hopefully).

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

Apparently, Outlook Web Access has a lot of OS based variation in how it renders - see Anna Banane's post here:

We haven't tested much with it, but would suggest you try the simplest possible case - just styling <p> tags with no tables, and see what is supported.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
jmp909, 7 years ago

dont use style primarily for font formatting, use <font> and define face, color and size 1, 2 or 3

our emails look fine in Outlook Web Access doing this.

i put some results of my tests here...

maspin, 7 years ago

wow, thank you mathew and jmp909! i have pulled out my 8-track and my <font> tags and indeed, they work. muchas gracias!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free