Campaign Monitor vs. Vertical Response

Hello,

I'm an ardent CM user through my wife's business www.brassstacksmadras.com. We've been using CM for about a year now and are extremely happy with it.

I've recently joined a small startup as it's engineering/tech lead and was quite surprised to find them using Vertical Response for their email marketing. I tried to convince them to get out of it about 2 months ago, but lethargy drove them to decide otherwise! Now, we're at a point where we need API access (amongst other slightly complicated features)  and I'm really starting to notice the gap between CM and Vertical Response.

To help me convince them that CM is indeed the way to go, would it be possible to get a structured feature by feature comparison of Campaign Monitor and Vertical Response? I'm aware that VR has a few additional features, but what I'd like some pointers towards is the price I'm paying for those features!

Hoping to hear from the community/a helpful CM employee :)

Thanks,
Best,
Vignesh.

vigneshvg vigneshvg, 7 years ago

Hmm... I guess this isn't the kinda question one asks in an open forum such as this (?). My apologies. I shall take my query to google and post something up here if I can come up with a solid comparison.

Best,
Vignesh.

-------------------
www.indee.tv
Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

Hey Vignesh,

There is no problem asking the question at all. From our point of view, at Campaign Monitor, we actually don't know a lot about Vertical Response specifically. We're not really into feature by feature comparisons, since they are pretty unhelpful with regards to how features work, how usable and useful they are.

Our philosophy has always been to have only the essential features in Campaign Monitor, and only the ones that make sense for our core audience of web designers. So the rebranding, the design and spam tests, the API, client access etc.

Sorry we can't be more specific about the differences with Vertical Response, but we don't spend a lot of time investigating other software.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Matthew,

I agree with what you said. However for the purposes of convincing a team to migrate, I'm going to have to come up with something a bit more quantitative. I *could* get everyone a login and have them try it out and see for themselves, but I doubt they'd all have the time for that. Maybe I should take the time out and run through a few of our typical use cases in both VR and CM, and using screenshots or some such, show the differences in the steps required at both places and the relative advantages and disadvantages. Will keep you guys posted if I come up with something interesting.

Thanks for getting back to me,

Best,
Vignesh.

-------------------
www.indee.tv

A quick update - we finally made the move after a whole days' wasted effort in trying to figure out the other company's API. It basically refused to work. And in comparison, the Campaign Monitor API was a walk in the park - took us a whole of 2 hours to wrap up the entire sign up application, using the python wrapper provided. So thanks a bunch CM!

Now, if only *someone* would get monthly subscription based plans in place.. then I'd just have to move all my projects over ;)

Vignesh.

-------------------
www.indee.tv

Join 150,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098