Is this normal? My web address showing in links

Perhaps I'm not understanding this process correctly...

Client went through the motions to sign up for their own newsletter, just to see how the subscribe form works. They forwarded me the confirm email and the link they are supposed to click has //

Is this correct that my web address show up in the links for all of their subscribers to see? What is the advantage/disadvantage to this? Does this have something to do with when I login to my main account and putting in my webadress?

I'm confused....

davidaf davidaf, 7 years ago

Hi Julia,

Yes that's correct, at this time it is your c/send address that will be used for the confirmation link. Your clients don't have a unique c/send address that we can create a link from.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
Jop Jop, 7 years ago

I have got some clients that are not happy about this functionality as well. They don't want to see my company name in links concerning a subscription to their e-mail newsletter. One client is considering hosting CM itself. So for me it would mean the loss of a client, just because there is a link containing my company name in 1 subscription e-mail. Isn't there a way of cloacking this link, of changing it to the clients name yet?

Verstuur zelf uw e-mail nieuwsbrieven
FH, 7 years ago

Have the same problem. Client don't want our URL in his confirmation emails.

andreand, 7 years ago

Who can help us? It is an important question. My clients too. I'd like to use Campaign Monitor, but muy clients don't agree with this functionality.

FH, 7 years ago

Is this Campaign Monitor will change in the near future? It is very critical to have NOT our companies name in this emails.

BThies BThies, 7 years ago

+1 on this as well.  I have designers that use me just for coding purposes, and have me send the proof directly from CM to their client.  The last thing they want their clients to see is another designer.

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing
ciclista, 7 years ago

Need to have own Domains for my Clients as well.

lukes, 6 years ago

Hi guys,

Just adding my name to this request.  My clients really do not want to see my domain name in these messages - this could be a showstopper for a current client. 

Is it on the development list at all to get my client's addresses into this rather than my own?  If I can tell them it's coming, I may not lose them.

julia, 6 years ago

Hi CM,

Just wondering if there is any kind of update for this feature request? Is it in the works? Would love to have something to look forward to....

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

Hi Julia, no updates as yet, but it's still something we're seriously looking into. I've recorded everyone's votes, so we'll continue to give client domain names our consideration. Hang tight!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
PDD2010, 6 years ago

Hi roshodgekiss

I definitely want to be added to the vote on this one.

I have a major client that I want to bring over to my CM - however, they have 8 databases and it's just a big No-No for them to have my name in the sign up / confirmation URL (although it's a nice bit of advertising for me - not much cop when the client pulls out!)

Please advise whether this is something that is likely to be introduced and if it is, what kind of time estimate if at all possible. This is really urgent for me!

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

Hi Sol, thanks for adding your request to this thread, too. I understand that this is certainly important to your business, however we currently don't have a timeframe for this feature. I'll be discussing this with the team, however I don't think you should bank on this being available in the next few months. As you can appreciate, it will require considerable back-end work to get this happening, so please let us know if there is anything else we can do in the interim to assist either you or your clients.

Naturally, I'll keep everyone updated if there are any developments on this - many thanks for your ongoing feedback!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
louiswalch louiswalch, 6 years ago

Why don't you just set yourself up with a more generic domain?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free