Staggering distribution of a newsletter

I have a list of 2300 subscribers. Usually I send my e-newsletters to everyone at once. Now, because of concerns about too many click-thrus on a particular page crashing my site, I would like to send the newsletter in batches about 30-60 minutes apart. Is there an easy way to do this?

scottgnz, 5 years ago

I'd like to bump this.
I have a client who sends out about 40,000 at a time and are having a tough time keeping their server from dying.
Any ideas?

robsedor, 5 years ago

I have a client who frequently wants to break up lists into different segments for staggered delivery times. 

Here's what I do:
Using Excel, assign a unique ID number to each list record. 
Upload the list to CM and include the ID field as a custom numeric field.
Using CM's segments, create segments based on the ID numbers.
For example, Segment A is less that 15,001; Segment B is greater than 15,000 AND less than 30,001; Segment C  is greater than 30,000, etc.

This approach allows for a lot of flexibility. Of course, you will need to set up a separate campaign for each segment so you can arrange for the staggered scheduling.

Robert Sedor
Digital Arts

paulgalatis, 5 years ago

Hi, I would like to add my support to this request. A simple, 'send xx number of emails every xx number of hours' would be great.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free