Bounce Settings

I seem to recall that with the "old" CM I could set how many times a subscriber could soft bounce before being considered a hard bounce and thus automatically removed.  Now I can't find where to set that - Is it gone?

I recently sent a campaign for a client where there were 3 or 4 soft bounces due to "Mailbox Full".  The follow up campaign was sent to those same subscribers again and I'd like to avoid that.

Thanks,
Anne

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

Hi Anne,

That setting was indeed removed. Now by default they'll be automatically converted to hard bounces and removed when they've bounced 3 times with no trackable activity in between.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
quena, 7 years ago

Diana / CM,

I missed the announcement that this feature was being changed, and a quick search of the blog didn't turn up anything after the feature was first announced in 2004 (http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/post/2137/new-feature-advanced-bounce-ha/).

Seems to me that, any time you remove functionality (in this case, remove the user's ability to set the number of hard and soft bounces before a subscriber is marked "Bounced out"), the announcement should be fairly prominent and straightforward.

Thanks!

-- Quena

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098