Need ability to search my newsletters

I am keen to make the web version of my newsletters searchable, as they have become a kind of log with some popular appeal. I have placed links on my website many months ago, which opens the newsletters nicely, but I have been unable to find phrases in any of these newsletters in a Google search.

Could you have a look and maybe suggest a solution?

(I posted this query elsewhere on the forum some 4 days ago, apologies if I should just be more patient...)

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

We actually deliberately disallow robot indexing of newsletters, because we have more people who definitely *don't* want them showing up in results.

You might need to create your own web archive (stored on your server) to get real search results for those, at this time.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
rynbow, 7 years ago

Thanks Mathew,

I can understand the logic in newsletters not being automatically searchable. It is however, something that in my case would be very desirable.

I did that (create my own web archive on my server) here:
but I don't get any search results. I may be missing something.

videomonkey videomonkey, 7 years ago

I did not realize that you were automatically doing that, I added the no index code to my template anyway.

rynbow, 7 years ago
Mathew :

You might need to create your own web archive (stored on your server) to get real search results for those, at this time.

You provide a great service, much better in my opinion, than a blog.

I created my archive on my website - by linking to the c/send archive. This works very well, apart from not being searchable. I looked in my template for the NOFOLLOW tag so that I could remove it, but it is not there. It is, however, there when I do a view page source of my newsletter on the web.

Am I correct in presuming that in your note (quoted above) you mean that I have to create, manually, by copying and pasting, rather than by linking, an archive? This would be beyond my skills unless I do it page by page and link by link.

I am sure that a lot of newsletters are educational or entertaining in character, and that many of your users would like to have an option like this. Is there a practical way of enabling searches of our newsletters?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free