Lack of Customer Support

We had an issue setting up a client and entered an incorrect amount for their Delivery Fee (over by $100 per mailout). When we discovered the mistake, we immediately informed the client that they would get that returned. When we contacted Campaign Monitor to help us get that refunded, this is what their response was:

"Hi Tracy,

D'oh! Pesky typos.

The easiest way for this to get resolved will be to simply wait until next month when we do the profit payments. You'll the $100 at that time, which you can then give to your client.

Hope that helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Travis Bell"

First off, I'm very glad I can cut a check for the amount we overcharged them. Second, I'm glad we can live without the $100 while we wait for reimbursement from our vendor. But I find this a totally unacceptable solution by the vendor to their clients.

foamcow, 7 years ago

Why? It's not Campaign Monitor's error. Why do they need to intervene, deviate from normal operations and take time out to arrange the refund?

If it were Campaign Monitor's error then of course you would have every right to expect immediate refund. But it wasn't their mistake.

I don't think Campaign Monitor are under any obligation to correct your mistakes "on demand". The fact that they will refund the money at all tells me that they do care about their customer, i.e. you.

What's stopping someone charging their client $150, claiming it was an error and getting $100 back from Campaign Monitor and pocketing the money from the client AND Campaign Monitor?

The way Campaign Monitor suggest resolving the issue makes perfect sense.

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

Hi Tracy,

As Travis mentioned in the email, you are welcome to follow up with any other questions or concerns, which you have not done, other than to claim it is unacceptable.

You won't be out of pocket because of this, and Campaign Monitor won't be gaining any extra funds, so it seems a fair, reasonable and simple resolution.

We are more than happy to discuss it with you. Please follow up on the original support email.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free