Manually activating unconfirmed subscribers

I'd like to request a new feature in which clients can manually active their unconfirmed subscribers within the subscriber's snapshot. A client of mine personally emails each of the unconfirmed subscribers and has found many who have missed or deleted the confirmation email, but wish to be active. I advised that they fill out the subscribe form again, but that seems to put more effort on the subscriber than my client wishes. Being able to have my client manually do this would solve the problem!

Thank you for considering this!!

Joncar Joncar, 7 years ago

Hmm, I would have thought that to do so would breach the double opt-in agreement.
I'd love all my unconfirmed subscribers to complete the 2nd opt-in step. 
But I dare not do it for them.

I'd imagine that CM have designed the process to avoid this very thing from happening.

As for emailing the unconfirmed, that's pretty close to spamming isn't it?

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Joncar, you're right, being able to easily manually confirm people would risk breaching that double opt-in and render it kind of pointless.

Carissa, for those specific subscribers if you can forward us an email from the unconfirmed subscriber stating that they want to be added to the list then we can manually confirm those subscriptions for you.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
abellogustavo, 6 years ago

What if we just want to delete the unconfirmed emails from the list?

Diana Diana, 6 years ago

If you get in touch with support we can assist with getting those addresses deleted from your list.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free