Removing "Billing" from top menu

Hi Guys

CM is just about perfect, but for one tiny thing.
If I set up my client so that he has access to reports and subscribers, then the top right menu has "My account", "Help" and logout.
If he can send his own campaigns, then he also sees "Billing" - Less good! Here's why:

I have set the client up so that I'm paying (via credits) and he's sending. As far as I can see he doesn't need to see the billing history (I'm invoicing him outside of CM). So can we lose it or have an option in the client setup to show/hide the billing history? If that's not possible, how about just removing the "xx credits added to your account" and just showing him what he's used?

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hi Kitecom,

Just to follow-up. I believe we spoke about this via support earlier. I've entered that in as a request and it's definitely something we're considering :). If you have any other questions though just let us know.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
ketanmv, 7 years ago

Oh wow -- I had no idea this was the case. This is a serious issue. I have a client that wanted me to pay when he sends his own campaigns and to invoice him later. They are a small company without a corporate credit card -- so I made this change for him. I do intend to mark up the email costs, but as it turns out, he can see the actual costs in this menu? Not cool!

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Your client isn't able to see any invoices/charges unless they're the actual ones paying. In the original request the issue is that your client is able to see a Billing link at the top that would show if they have credits allocated to them or say that there are no charges if they haven't sent a campaign that they themselves have paid for via the system (which is what will show to your client).

We'll be changing this so that it only shows if the client has had credits allocated to them, so that it can show their credit total (which was the original purpose of it being made visible to clients not paying directly). If you aren't allocating credits to them it won't show as soon as the change it made.

Right now though they absolutely won't see any charges, they'll just see the link and on the page it will say something about not paying for any campaigns online and show that they have 0 credits.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
jamesd jamesd, 7 years ago

Hi all,

We've recently made the changes requested above, so you should now find that your clients will not be able to see the "Billing" link if they have never had email credits allocated to them.

ecodigitaldelivery, 5 years ago

I know this post is old, but this IS a problem!  If my clients can see the billing history, that will only confuse them.  You say that they will never see it IF they have never been allocated credits, but if you have, then what??  How do I fix this quickly?  It makes me look very unprofessional when my billing doesn't match the online billing section.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free