Preference centre - how to customise unsubscribe thank you page

Hi there,

In the preference centre, there is an unsubscribe link. When somebody clicks on this, they are unsusbscribed from the newsletters and redirected to a "Your unsubscription was a success" page. Is there a way to customise this page?

I have already specified a unsubscribe thank you page in the Unsubscribe settings, under the option: Redirect unsubscribers to your own confirmation page

I was expecting the unsubscribe from the preference centre to redirect to my specified page rather than the standard one, but this was not the case.

Any help would be much appreciated.

travisbell travisbell, 7 years ago

Hi Fiona,

I believe you've just discovered a little bit of a bug. The intended behavior would be for it to use the exact same unsubscribe page in all cases when a subscriber in unsubscribing.

I'll make a note of this and pass it off to the devs for us to have a look at. In the meantime, there isn't much to do except lie with the "stock" redirect.

Travis Bell
clicktowin, 7 years ago

i'm not sure i perfectly fit this topic but i have a similar problem.

i did add a personal redirect page in the appropriate field of the tool. i added customfields into the querystring as well. i would need those to be filled in so i can personalize the custom unsubscribe page. The redirect works ok but the placeholders for the customfields are not filled with tha actual values.

it's not a bug i guess but it would be a very nice feature. or is this done in another way?

Fiona Wood, 7 years ago

Thanks Travis.

theteam, 7 years ago

So has this issue been solved?
I don't seem to be able to customize the unsubscribe page, I really just want to add my clients logo and colour scheme to the page.

roteck, 7 years ago

Hi Travis... same here ... it just would be nice to have this feature... please keep us posted...

Teresashu, 7 years ago

Hi there:

The preference center is already set up to show up on the update your info page; why can't it just be applied to the unsubscribe form?  It's already working; all that's needed is to swap out one CM form for the other. 

I really like the the 'resubscribe' link Campaign Monitor puts in for accidental 'Ooops, I didn't mean to unsubscribe' people.

Do we have an option to add a 'resubscribe' link to our forms in case people try to resubscribe later?  I'm assuming this will work with moving the email address from the suppression list to the email list.  Otherwise their email address won't get added in again because their email's already in the suppression list...???

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free