Email Confirmation After New Subscriber Signs Up

Hello All,

First post...long time CM it.

Does anybody know of a way to trigger an email to be sent to myself or my client when a new subscriber signs up for an email list through the opt-in field on a website?

I know that right now I can login and view subscriber activity and instantly see how many subscribers have added themselves to the list almost down to the minute, but having an email sent straight to the inbox saying something to the effect of "You have a new email list subscriber" would be a GREAT way to keep the importance of the email list on my client's mind.

Anyone have any info on this or a method that can be used to enable this with some PHP I would appreciate it greatly.

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

There isn't anything built into the system (beyond the daily RSS feed that would give them a daily update of total new subscribers) so you would need to add some script to the form. We don't have any samples so if anyone else does please post it!

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
dmscampaign, 7 years ago

Thanks for the response Diana :)

Yes if anyone has a sample that could you could simply link to then I can absolutely review the HTML and figure out the rest on my own.

sofia12, 6 years ago

Could you PLEASE add this feature?

I bet if you took a poll you would see alot of people really want it.  I love Campaign Monitor in so many ways but with out this feature I just can't use it.  Too much of a hassle to have to login just to see if there are new subscribers.

Diana Diana, 6 years ago

Hi Sofia,

It isn't something we're planning at this time. There is that RSS feed and as we said before you can always add a script on to your subscribe form yourself to send you an email upon submission. It shouldn't be too big of a project to create.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
crazybikerdave, 6 years ago

Hi Gang, I was having a similar issue but I think I have an idea on how to fix it. Check this out:

I'm going to try creating a PHP-based script using the link above. I'll report back in a few days and let you know how it goes.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

You might also want to try Feed my Inbox. I've been using this for other RSS feeds and it's been fab. It won't update you in real-time (more like a daily digest) but hopefully it will do the trick!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free