Resending email to Recipients who did not open initial campaign

I have read that sending a follow up email significantly improves the open/click rates for a campaign. How can we do this within campaign monitor - we want to send the email to the "Not Opened" list only?

Also...any tips on what i should send would be helpful. Should we send the same email content to those that did not originally open the campaign (note - it is an internal communications)? or should we top it with "you may have missed this"?

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

Regarding opens, make sure you check out first, as not all opens can be measured.

If you do wish to send again to those people, you'll want to setup a segment, as per

I would suggest that having a note on the top would be good - for anyone who did open but didn't download images, for example, it would be better to acknowledge it is a resend.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
arachne, 7 years ago

@jverco - this can go pear shaped it may come across as annoying and increase your opt outs and SPAM counts. If you do want to do this, I would use a new subject line and have a new message in the creative, with the same call to action.

I have seen this happen before and lists end up becoming stale due to marketers wanting to amp up the open rate. If the open rate is really low, there is a fundamental problem with the email strategy as a whole and this should be examined before doing resends. - Small Business Online

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free