Problem Importing my template (adding tags)

I am trying to import a template I created in Dreamweaver. I keep getting an error that says, "You need to have either a <$title$> or <$description$> tag in your template. Without either of these, your clients can't add any content to their emails."

I don't want the client to edit my HTML file, I simply want them to be able to access and send it on their own. My problem is the tags ... Where do they need to go?

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hi Craig,

If you don't want your client to be able to edit and create their own campaigns then you don't actually want to import that as a template. Instead, since it's a completed campaign you want to import it on the campaign creation step instead. Then you wouldn't need to add the title or description tags. Templates are meant to be imported to allow your clients to add content using our online editor and create their own campaigns.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
karen santana, 7 years ago

I am getting this same error. How ever I do want my client to edit their content.

Please advice.

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Hi Karen,

You're likely missing the template tags.

If you can't figure it out, get in touch with us.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free