Scaling Vert Line in Outlook 2007

I've been working on this one issue of trying to get a vertical line to scale as the page grows in length.  It works fine in every other browser....except Outlook 2007.  I guess the problem is the vertical line is a background image which should work fine...but not in Outlook 2007.

Does anyone have a work-around to get my vertical line to grow down as content is added to the page?

Thanks in advance...

PS..I hate Outlook 2007

torweb, 7 years ago

One more thing.  I can get it to work by inserting a table with a dotted border applied in my stylesheet:

<td class="border" width="2">&nbsp;</td>

The problem is I don't have any control on the dot spacing or size..

Thanks again

torweb, 7 years ago

Well it's always more education...

I got my vertical dotted line to work using the above method and setting my "Class-border" to the color I wanted to use and set it for dotted line.  Next I changed all of my dotted horizontal lines in photo shop to match the size and color of the vertical one created in html.

Finally, I spent the money to keep checking thing using Litmus (http://litmusapp.com/).  If need to keep checking and checking things, it seems to be a lot cheaper than $5 per check.

Anyway that seemed to "work-around" the vert dotted bg image issues with Outlook 2007

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

You can also create a custom cell with 1px width and a background color. Works great across multiple browsers and helps in jam where custom borders are required.

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre
torweb, 7 years ago

Isn't the background color a problem in Outlook 2007?  When I tested my templates with a service called Litmus, the Outlook 2007 bg color wasn't visible.  That was the reason for going with a 1px or 2px vertical table with a color outline...

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

Standard background colors are supported in Outlook 2007, it's images that aren't. Here's a list you may find useful:

http://www.email-standards.org/clients/microsoft-outlook-2007/

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098