Scaling Vert Line in Outlook 2007

I've been working on this one issue of trying to get a vertical line to scale as the page grows in length.  It works fine in every other browser....except Outlook 2007.  I guess the problem is the vertical line is a background image which should work fine...but not in Outlook 2007.

Does anyone have a work-around to get my vertical line to grow down as content is added to the page?

Thanks in advance...

PS..I hate Outlook 2007

torweb, 7 years ago

One more thing.  I can get it to work by inserting a table with a dotted border applied in my stylesheet:

<td class="border" width="2">&nbsp;</td>

The problem is I don't have any control on the dot spacing or size..

Thanks again

torweb, 7 years ago

Well it's always more education...

I got my vertical dotted line to work using the above method and setting my "Class-border" to the color I wanted to use and set it for dotted line.  Next I changed all of my dotted horizontal lines in photo shop to match the size and color of the vertical one created in html.

Finally, I spent the money to keep checking thing using Litmus (  If need to keep checking and checking things, it seems to be a lot cheaper than $5 per check.

Anyway that seemed to "work-around" the vert dotted bg image issues with Outlook 2007

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

You can also create a custom cell with 1px width and a background color. Works great across multiple browsers and helps in jam where custom borders are required. - Everything Email.
Email: Skype: fyredefyre
torweb, 7 years ago

Isn't the background color a problem in Outlook 2007?  When I tested my templates with a service called Litmus, the Outlook 2007 bg color wasn't visible.  That was the reason for going with a 1px or 2px vertical table with a color outline...

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

Standard background colors are supported in Outlook 2007, it's images that aren't. Here's a list you may find useful: - Everything Email.
Email: Skype: fyredefyre

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free