How long will it take to send out 15,000 emails?

I'm looking at using Campaign Monitor after the last system we used took too long to send out emails to our client's legitimate list of 15,000 fan club members. I've read a few posts in here that there is a 12 hour approvals process and that people are discouraged from sending to lists of over 200,000.

I'm just wondering, how long is it going to take to physically send an email out to 15,000 subscribers; worst-case scenario? And what if our client has 50,000 people on the list? How long would the wait be?

Ben Ben, 7 years ago

Hey Matt,

There are a lot of factors involved, but you should expect to see that campaign to 15,000 go out in about 5 minutes. And don't be surprised if it's quite a bit less. We've done plenty of optimization around sending so most customers find that it's more than fast enough.

In terms of the 12 hour approval process, that really is a worse case scenario and usually you'll be approved in a much shorter time. We have staff round the globe to keep these approvals nice and quick. And remember, the more information you provide the easier it is for the person looking at your approval - going back and forth a few times can take the extra time.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free