No Title or Description Error

I am attempting to import a templete of my own design.  I created it using Microsoft Expressions, using inline style.

I keep getting the "You need to have either a <$title$> or <$description$> tag in your template." error, even though I have a Title.  The title is in the following format:

How does the title need to be formatted so I do not get this error and can import my template?

Blake, 7 years ago

The <$title$> and <$description$> tags are not actually HTML tags, they are custom tags used by Campaign Monitor to allow you to edit the content of your templates. You need to have at least 1 of these tags so the content in your template can be changed for each campaign.

We have a help topic explaining how our templates work. I recommend downloading the sample template provided and having a look at how it works.

stadster, 7 years ago

Sorry, I looked at "how our template work" but I still don't understand what specifically I need to do to eliminate the No Title of Description error.  If you could kindly let me know what I need to do to import a standard template I had created, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free