Font Styles / Sizes

Hi,

I have a template set up for a client that is great.  They want to use the same tempalte but be able to set a different font-size for some bits ... is this possible?  Can they do it via the editor or do I need to put in some CSS to style this?

travisbell travisbell, 7 years ago

Hi,

Unfortunately we do not have of those options available in the WYSIWYG editor. The only option is to go into the source and make the edits manually which, I can understand is less than desirable.

We've kind of purposefully made the editor stripped down since a lot of the time, with too much control, it would be easy for your clients to trash the design you worked so hard at perfecting.

--
Travis Bell
fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

Perhaps you could setup the full list of styles in the same template and instruct your client how to update the style tags themselves with a 'Find and Replace'. Worth a try.

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre
Vienna, 6 years ago

There are very popular programs such as WordPress that have a pretty sophisticated text editor. I rely on the Source view to see what is really happening and clean up and modify code because I know all the junk that WYSIWG editors will throw in.

However, why doesn't Campaign Monitor incorporate an Image Insert function that, as in Wordpress, can be configured to constrict image types and will automatically re-size and optimize them according to the preferences of the Newsletter editor?  Many people have newsletters that rely on the ability to embed images in the text content itself.  As your techies know it is quite standard these days to handle images with some on-line sophistication that keeps an inserted image to a certain size and no larger in file size and dimensions.

I can do all this manually, so to speak, in something like Dreamweaver but if I try to sell this to clients as a Newsletter solution that I administer for them but allow them to edit for themselves it is a tougher sell if they compare the Campaign Monitor restrictions to other Newsletter programs where embedded images are expected and allowed.

Thanks for your comments!

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

Campaign Monitor does have an image option, if you define locations in the content or around it that you'd like them to be able to upload images to. It will resize images to match what the template specifies automatically.

Are you saying that your clients need more images than that?

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098