Showing subscriber name in email

I followed the instructions and took "Name" from the subscriber lists, embedding it into my content by using "Hello [Name]". All of my emails displayed [Name] instead of the recipient name! Does this not work as described?

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hi,

The Name field is a special case as there is some logic in there that lets you break out the data as first name, last name and full name. So the personalization tags would be:
[fullname,fallback=]
[firstname,fallback=]
[lastname,fallback=]

On your list page if you click on the 'Custom Fields' link on the right you'll see a list of all personalization tags for each field.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
bm-crossmedia bm-crossmedia, 7 years ago

So, if [fullname,fallback=], [firstname,fallback=] and [lastname,fallback=] all refer to the field Name, what's the difference between (for example) fullname and firstname?

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hi,

firstname pulls the first word from the field (generally the first name) and fullname would pull the entire record. So if the Name was John Smith firstname would product John, lastname would produce Smith and fullname would produce John Smith.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098