conditionals (if/else statements) in emails / verification email ?

I have a task to use different salutation depending on custom field value (gender in this case), so I need this in my verification email (one sending just after filling in registration form), and my regular emails/newsletters:

[if gender = "He" then "Boom!" else "Bang!"]

It looks like I'm missing something or there is two years passed after the first requirement of conditionals (if/else statements) ?

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

It isn't possible in Campaign Monitor to do these kinds of conditional includes I'm afraid. We've had a couple of requests for it, but far more requests for other features, and of course we are always prioritising with those and our own plans.

I'll add your vote to our list.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

You could always try adding extra fields within your database to populate this info. While it's not an 'else/if' option it does enable to reflect the right text as desired in the short term. - Everything Email.
Email: Skype: fyredefyre
andywhite, 7 years ago

Two years already since couple of requests, and no progress!? Blah! Monkeys are somehow faster :p

Task is language specific: salutations in european languages depend on gender. Anyone with ideas on how to accomplish it with custom fields?

Thank you!

geofflee, 7 years ago

Please add my vote to this. Conditional statements would be a huge boon for the personalized content that I need to do.

goodseed, 6 years ago

I've seen a number of folks requesting this if/else functionality across the site, yet it seems like the response is that only a couple have requested it. Well, add my vote to the list. This would help tremendously.

For me, I'd like to be able to give each of my subscribers a link to the online store that serves their country. I'm doing this in a roundabout way now (adding a new field that I edit in my subscribers CSV file with the URL matching each country), but would love for it to be integrated.

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

We'll add your vote too.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
geeves, 6 years ago

+1 vote for me too for this. It would be really handy to do this conditionally rather than, for example in the current project I am working on, enter long strings in custom fields for each record.

Ara Garabedian
Multimedia Designer/Developer
alex.sawallich, 6 years ago

Our company would be glad, if you would implement this "if/else"-feature. We've got the same problem concerning a gender-related salutation.

That means: +1 vote for this feature.

Thank you.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free