links underlined and h2s italicised in everything

Hey,

The subject pretty much sums up my problem. In gmail, yahoo, hotmail, and also outlook 03 and 07 my hyperlinks are underlined despite my using text-decoration: none; and my h2s are italicised despite my using font-style:normal. I have copied the code below as an example. Any suggestions for what I am doing wrong? I looked on the big compatability list and I should be fine...

<a href="http://www.whatever.com" style="color:white; text-decoration:none;">CONTENT</a>

<h2 style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold; font-size:11pt; font-style:normal; color:#09357a; margin:0px 0px 16px 0px;">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.</h2>

Cheers,

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hi Klep,

Could you post the entire code of your campaign? It's likely some other tag(s) in the code causing issues.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
klep, 7 years ago

Thank you, Diana. I have found the problem. To test emails I am sending them through Outlook. Whenever outlook encounters a H2 or a hyperlink it would apply its own style to them. I'm quite unimpressed it changes my email without my consent. I have tested through Thunderbird and the problem disappeared.

Cheers

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hi klep,

Yeah, Outlook can be...tricky. You can generally bend it to your will though.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
jmp909, 7 years ago

if you are using Outlook, make sure you are not using Word as the email editor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098