Trying to import list with custom options - not being allowed

I'm trying to import a list (saved as a CSV) that has a custom options field called "Product Interest".
This field only has 1 value per subscriber
The custom filed has been set up to allow the 7 possible values from the list - I have checked this multiple times and used filtering in Excel to ensure there are no other possible options, mis-spellings, extra spaces etc. The autofilter function of Excel shows only the 7 values expected.

However, when I try to import the list into Campaign Monitor I am being told There was a problem with the "Product Interest" custom field and that there are unpermitted values in my list.

Is there ANY way I can find out what it thinks the additional values might be so I can make some headway in working out why it won't let me import the list?

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Your best bet is to get in touch with us and attach the file you're trying to import. We'll try and replicate the issue here and get to the bottom of it for you. Provided there is an exact match between the wording in your custom field values and the CSV file, you shouldn't have a problem.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free