ListID Issue?

Hi, I'm trying out the API for the first time. For the moment, just trying to do something simple - add a subscriber when their email is also added to the database on my end. I'm using the campaign_monitor gem in Rails to interact with the API and I can't see to get past this issue:

I get the error below whenever I try to submit something. The string that seems to be throwing the error is the listID and I'm starting to wonder if I'm using the wrong ID or missing a variable.

File does not exist: System.ArgumentException: Cannot convert dd26xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx8c47 to System.Int32.
Parameter name: type ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

I'm guessing I've got something simple out of place. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

gblakeman, 7 years ago

Not sure what this issue is still, but for anyone else who might run into it, I switched over to the SOAP-based campaigning gem (link) and it worked perfectly, very first time. (Plus it supports everything that API can currently do - campaign_monitor gem is a bit outdated.)

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free