ListID Issue?

Hi, I'm trying out the API for the first time. For the moment, just trying to do something simple - add a subscriber when their email is also added to the database on my end. I'm using the campaign_monitor gem in Rails to interact with the API and I can't see to get past this issue:

I get the error below whenever I try to submit something. The string that seems to be throwing the error is the listID and I'm starting to wonder if I'm using the wrong ID or missing a variable.

File does not exist: System.ArgumentException: Cannot convert dd26xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx8c47 to System.Int32.
Parameter name: type ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

I'm guessing I've got something simple out of place. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

-gb

gblakeman, 7 years ago

Not sure what this issue is still, but for anyone else who might run into it, I switched over to the SOAP-based campaigning gem (link) and it worked perfectly, very first time. (Plus it supports everything that API can currently do - campaign_monitor gem is a bit outdated.)

-gb

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098